Former Sentinel, OSU standout Rebel Ridling earns honor
BY RYAN ABER
Former Sentinel and Oklahoma State standout Rebel Ridling was named the Southern League’s Hitter of the Week for the week ending Sunday.
The Tennessee Smokies infielder took a 13-game hitting streak into Monday night’s game against Jacksonville.
He started the week with five hits and seven RBIs over two games Monday and Tuesday.
Ridling, a 25th-round pick of the Cubs in 2008, is hitting .311 with 20 home runs and 78 RBIs for Chicago’s Double-A affiliate.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients