Deer Creek vs. Piedmont game moved to old Yukon stadium
EDMOND — Friday’s game between Piedmont and Deer Creek has been relocated to Yukon’s old stadium, Antlers coach Grant Gower said. It will still begin at 7:30, as scheduled.
The game was moved because renovations at Deer Creek’s stadium aren’t completed yet.
“Right now it just isn’t feasible to play it there, so we decided to go ahead and move it (to Yukon),” Gower said.
The Antlers have another home game scheduled for next Friday, September 9, against Shawnee, and Gower said he hopes the stadium is ready by then.
Deer Creek has undertaken a massive athletic expansion project that will span several years. Last year, the stadium added new lights, artificial turf and a track around it. This year’s project is expanding the home stands to seat about 3,500 more people.
The next phase, which has already begun and is set to be completed by next summer, is adding a new field house west of the stadium.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4013How to help tornado victims
- 3642Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3374Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients