Edmond North gets big gift in lineman Will Wiedenmann
EDMOND — Edmond North’s football team got a nice gift after fall practices started.
Will Wiedenmann (6-foot-7, 336 pounds) moved from Statham, Ga., to Edmond.
“He came a couple days after practice started, and asked if we had a spot on the team for him,” Huskies coach Jeremy Dombek said. “I took one look at him and said, ‘I think I can find one.’”
Wiedenmann passed his physical, and the OSSAA cleared him to play last Thursday, Dombek said.
Wiedenmann will be in the starting lineup at left guard when the Huskies open the season on Thursday at Southmoore.
“He’s still learning our scheme, but there’s no doubt that he’s a player,” Dombek said.
“There’s no bones about it — he’s going to raise some eyebrows when he comes off the bus.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients