Three Points and a Pick: Putnam City vs. Putnam City North
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: The Battle for the Expressway is an OK rivalry name. The Battle for Chick-fil-a on Expressway would be better. Waffle fries and Icedream cones to the winner! Why hasn’t this caught on yet?
Big game at PC Stadium between Putnam City and Putnam City North tonight, two teams that could really benefit from a 1-0 start.
1. Handoff to who? For two teams that had workhorse running backs last year — Casey Curtis at PC and Dre Holman at PC North — they’ll both be turning to less-proven backs this year. Tae Moore was involved in the PC North offense last year, so he’s not totally fresh. He’ll be joined by Nathaniel Ocran and Larry Butler in the run game as well. PC is in a little tougher situation, turning to Javone Knox, Curtis’ little brother, who is a junior. Knox is capable, but the Pirates lost platoon back Devin Colbert to a broken leg last week.
2. Big play or no big play. Putnam City North has some talented, experienced players in the back seven on defense, but in the preseason, they showed some issues with giving up big plays in the passing game — albeit against a couple really good offenses, Lawton and Edmond Santa Fe. Solving those issues will be vital for the Panthers, as PC will be looking to throw the ball more regularly this year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients