Norman's Tanner Satterthwaite feels good about cross country season
NORMAN — The Norman boys cross country team, which was Class 6A’s runner-up last season, competed last weekend at the Greenhill Relays in Dallas.
Tanner Satterthwaite, the defending Class 6A individual state champion, and the Tigers finished fourth at the event.
“We went up against some of the best teams from Texas and still got fourth,” Satterthwaite said.
This weekend is the Brookhaven Run, a road race in Norman that also serves as a fundraiser for the team. The Brookhaven Run isn’t a high school meet; it is open to runners of all ages.
The next weekend, however, the Tigers return to high school competition in the OK Runner Classic.
Norman only lost one runner off of last year’s runner-up team, so Satterthwaite said his biggest concern in 2011 is overconfidence.
“Our team is really united,” Satterthwaite said, “but our biggest worry is overconfidence since we returned so many guys and were so close to winning it last year.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients