Game preview: Carl Albert at Tulsa Washington
BY RYAN ABER
TULSA–One of the top games in the state this week (I ranked it as the top game) is tonight’s matchup between Class 5A No. 3 Carl Albert and defending champion and No. 5 Tulsa Washington.
The Hornets have held the upper hand for much of this series but return just two offensive starters from the team that started last season beating the Titans 12-10 and then went on to win a state title for the second time in three years.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR: CARL ALBERT
The Titans usually have a couple of big-time players and a lot of other guys that fill their roles to near perfection. Carl Albert coach Gary Rose and his staff have made a habit out of taking undersized but hard-working players and molding them into a championship-caliber team.
This team is no exception and no player embodies those qualities like Darren Colquitt, who’s listed at 5-foot-9 and 204 pounds and starts on both sides of the ball.
Dillan Dansby earned the starting quarterback job a year ago before going down with a knee injury as Taylor Hawkins took over.
Dansby is back and looking 100 percent, earning the official starting quarterback spot. But Rose will still work in Hawkins in situations where it merits, especially in short-yardage situations.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients