Game preview: Edmond Memorial vs. Edmond Santa Fe
EDMOND — Tonight, I get to experience Edlam for the first time.
And in all actuality, it’s been a pretty Edlam few days for me. Last night, I watched Edmond North’s dominant rushing attack rack up 377 yards against Southmoore in a 42-10 win.
But tonight, it’s Edmond Memorial vs. Edmond Santa Fe. In a way, it’s the dawning of new eras for both teams.
For Edmond Memorial, gone is quarterback Kameron Doolittle, a run-first signal caller who was a two-year starter. But it’s not like there will be a new face quarterbacking the Bulldogs.
Senior Ry Huff got lots of playing time last year when Doolittle went down with an injury, and this year the offense is unquestionably his. And because of that, Edmond Memorial will go to a more pass-oriented offense that suits Huff’s skills.
And at Edmond Santa Fe, Lance Manning makes his debut as the Wolves’ coach. Manning enjoyed years of success at Norman North and is now attempting to turn around a very talented team that went 1-9 last season.
Manning has already shown some success — the Wolves topped Jenks 9-0 in a half-game scrimmage last week.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR: EDMOND MEMORIAL
A major key to success for the Bulldogs will be their offensive line. The unit returns just one starter off last year’s team — senior right guard John Scheihing — and will be up against the big, strong and fast defensive end Michael Onuoha of Edmond Santa Fe. Onuoha is receiving serious NCAA Division I interest.
Memorial coach Justin Merideth said they do their best to simulate Onuoha in practice, but you can’t really simulate his size and speed. If the inexperienced line can keep him away from Huff, that will go a long way towards a win.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3625Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3377Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3147Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients