Guthrie mayor declares Landry Chappell and Bryan Dutton days
Guthrie Mayor Chuck Burtcher declared Sept. 6 as “Landry Chappell Day” and Sept. 7 as “Bryan Dutton Day,” the Guthrie Sports Page’s Chris Evans reported.
Burtcher made the promise after the two won wrestling state championships in February. Both Chappell and Dutton are three-sport stars in wrestling, baseball and football.
Dutton, the Bluejays’ junior quarterback and offensive leader, and Chappell, Guthrie’s senior linebacker and defensive leader, open their 2011 football season tonight at Duncan.
Follow me on Twitter @jasonkersey
Friend me on Facebook
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24265Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15789Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10553Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9606Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9126Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8599Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8494Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7618Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7497Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6747UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients