Scott Wright on the road with the Douglass Trojans
I can’t remember the last time I went out of town on Labor Day weekend, but that’s the life of a sportswriter in Oklahoma. So I’m really looking forward to the next two days.
I’m currently on a charter bus riding with the Douglass High School football team to Arlington, Texas for their Monday afternoon game against DeSoto, Texas, HS at Cowboys Stadium. The game kicks off at 4:30 p.m. Monday and will be televised by Fox Sports Oklahoma, Cox 37.
I’m planning lots of fun stuff from the trip, including some behind-the-scenes stories and videos. So keep an eye on Twitter (@ScottWrightOK), as well as here on the blog, on NewsOK.com and in The Oklahoman for all the coverage from the trip and the game.
The Trojans practice at Lamar HS in Arlington this evening, then get to visit Cowboys Stadium before heading to dinner — Dave and Buster’s, I’m told — then to the hotel.
This is a big game for Douglass in a number of ways. Not only is it a nationally televised game against one of Texas’ top teams, but it’s also their first game of the season as they begin their Class 4A state title defense.
I’ll have plenty more from the road, so keep checking back to see how the trip is going.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients