Gameday for Douglass in DFW (with link to live stats)
The day of the big game is finally here for the Douglass Trojans.
They had to sit around last Thursday and Friday, watching every other team in the state open the 2011 football season, and now it’s finally here.
Some players said it wasn’t easy watching all the other teams getting to play, and others felt it only hyped them up for their game even more.
The trip has been a lot of fun so far. How could you not have fun eating dinner at Dave and Buster’s with 75 high school kids?
I got the impression that coach Willis Alexander wasn’t too happy with the team’s focus at walk-through on Sunday afternoon, but I’d expect him to corral the kids’ attitudes before gametime.
You could sense the focus coming back around when the bus rolled into Cowboys Stadium on Sunday evening for the tour. Just seeing the turf brought a lot of excitement.
And camera phones were busy throughout the tour at places like the field and in the Cowboys’ locker room. But the tour almost came to a halt when it passed the doors of the Cowboys Cheerleaders locker room. Like I said… it’s 75 high school boys.
I was in San Diego with the Oklahoma State Cowboys in 2008 during the lead-up to the Holiday Bowl, and Sunday’s events had a very similar feel. These kids are really enjoying the experience and trying to take it all in.
The team got together for breakfast at 8 a.m. today, with the pregame meal around 1 p.m. Then it’s off to Cowboys Stadium to get taped, and check out the atmosphere during the earlier games.
The game kicks off at 4:30 p.m. and is televised on Fox Sports Oklahoma, Cox 37.
For the fans who aren’t at the game, or watching on television, the Dallas Morning News will be providing live stats and play-by-play online.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7508Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7162Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6434UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients