Heritage Hall cornerback Brent Gaddis tears ACL, is out for season
Heritage Hall senior Brent Gaddis, who started at cornerback and saw lots of carries at tailback, is out for the season after tearing his ACL during last Thursday’s win over Casady, coach Andy Bogert said.
Gaddis was hurt when his knee buckled while lead blocking Thursday.
Bogert said they weren’t aware of the injury’s severity when it happened.
“He came off the field on his own,” Bogert said. “He just kind of limped off the field. We thought he just hyperextended his knee or something.”
Bogert said one possible solution on defense is to have starting quarterback Quinn Shanbour play safety and move receiving/safety Sterling Shepard to corner.
“We’re working all that out,” Bogert said.
sports | football | high school | private schools | Jason Kersey | blog | heritage hall | High School Sports Blog | -->
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24778Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14485Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10221UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9929Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 8118Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7280Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6506Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6361Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6228Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5696OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients