Edmond Memorial basketball standout James Woodard commits to Tulsa
Another of the top senior basketball players in the state is off the board.
Edmond Memorial shooting guard James Woodard committed to Tulsa, making the official announcement on Twitter Sunday evening.
Woodard was at Tulsa for an unofficial visit on Sunday and committed to coach Doug Wojcik while on campus.
He had also received offers from Oklahoma State, Oral Roberts and Creighton.
“I think this will be a good fit for him,” Memorial coach Shane Cowherd said. “He had some good options on the table, which is a credit to him as a player and as a student-athlete.”
Cowherd noted both the basketball and engineering programs as reasons for Woodard’s decision.
“James has every intention of becoming an engineer, and Tulsa’s engineering school is top-notch,” he said. “And I think coach Wojcik did a good job of showing him his plan and direction for the program. The whole family felt very comfortable with coach Wojcik.”
A 6-foot-3 guard, Woodard averaged 13.5 points, 6.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists last season in helping the Bulldogs to the Class 6A state championship. He will join Lawton Eisenhower’s D’Andre Wright, a 6-foot-9 senior, at Tulsa next season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21368Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17546Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9430Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9175Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9080Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8212Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7912Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5969OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5028Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients