OSSAA releases 2011-12 basketball classifications
There were no big surprises on Tuesday when the OSSAA released the official classifications for boys and girls basketball for the 2011-12 season.
Two-time defending Class 5A champion Tulsa Washington has moved up to Class 6A after ranking No. 32 among all schools in the state in average attendance for 2010-11.
And Del City, coming off an appearance in the 6A state tournament in March, subsequently was bumped down to 5A for the upcoming season.
The Mount St. Mary boys and girls teams were moved up from 3A to 4A because of the OSSAA’s newly adopted rules governing selective enrollment schools. Because the Rockets’ boys team has reached the state tournament in three of the last five seasons, both teams were required to move up once class.
As a result of the move, Stigler was dropped from 4A to 3A. Here’s the full list of classifications.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients