Mount St. Mary to honor Chad Peery at Friday's game
Mount St. Mary will honor Oklahoma City police officer Chad Peery during their Friday night home game against Jones.
Peery, a 1995 graduate of the school, was partially paralyzed when he attempted to break up a bar fight while off duty. Both of his parents are also St. Mary graduates.
Peery, a former Rockets football player, will be honored during a halftime ceremony, and the school will collect a gift offering for Peery and his family during the second half.
“His family has a long history here,” Rockets coach Chris Stiles said. “It’s only appropriate that we honor his heroism with a special event.”Jason Kersey
Follow me on Twitter @jasonkersey
Friend me on Facebook
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26979Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17115Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9403UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8599Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7948Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7430OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6562Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6162Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6113Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6077Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients