Preview: Davis at Heritage Hall
Class 2A No. 1 Davis (2-0) at Class 3A No. 1 Heritage Hall (2-0)
7:30 p.m. Friday
When Heritage Hall has the ball: Heritage Hall is loaded with talent, and it all starts with running back Barry J. Sanders and receiver Sterling Shepard. Through the first two weeks, the duo has been as dominant as ever in blowout wins. In fact, the Chargers have been so dominant that the starters haven’t had to play much at all. Davis has a great defense, but it will be extremely difficult to slow down the Chargers.
When Davis has the ball: Davis has scored even more points than Heritage Hall through the season’s first two games. Wolves junior running back Deaundre Carr ran for 240 yards and three touchdowns past week while senior quarterback Cole Weber is a dual-threat who ran for more than 200 yards himself. The Chargers offense gets so much attention, and rightly so, because of big names like Sanders and Shepard. But the Chargers defense is really good itself. Markus Wakefield has a pair of sacks and an interception to go with 18 tackles through two games. Quintaz Struble also has a pair of sacks. The Chargers have also intercepted six passes in the first two games.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24112Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13400Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10660Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10343UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7789Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6928Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6286Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6076Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4932OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients