Del City's Toni Smith commits to Fresno State
BY RYAN ABER
Del City’s 6-foot Toni Smith committed to Fresno State recently after taking an official visit to the school.
“She had a tremendous summer,” Del City coach Karri Sears said. “She played a lot more 3-4 and handled the ball a little bit more. She’s excited about her commitment. It’s a great thing for her and a great thing for Del City.”
Smith, who averaged 11 points and nearly nine rebounds per game last year, is expected to sign in November.
The Eagles drop to 5A this year after making the 6A state tournament a year ago. Smith, who will be a senior, was part of Del City’s state title team as a freshman.
“She wants to bookend her career with titles,” Sears said.
Smith had been drawing interest from Arkansas-Little Rock, Henderson State and Texas A&M-Commerce before her breakout summer.
She’d also talked to Wichita State. Her brother, former Southeast standout Ben Smith, plays for the Shockers.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients