Game preview: Midwest City at Yukon
A year ago, Yukon started the season 8-1, and the only loss came at Midwest City, so you know the Millers have been looking forward to this game. If you’re going to win District 6A-1, you’re doing to have to beat the Bombers, so this is a big game for Yukon.
“We know they’re good, and we haven’t come through as a team the last couple weeks,” Yukon senior lineman Tyler Bush said. “We know that line play will be a key factor in the game, so we’ll have to be ready.”
Of course, Midwest City isn’t interested in giving up that district crown, and they have to believe Yukon is arguably the top challenger to the throne.
It’s only the first week of district play, but I’m expecting an all-out brawl between these two teams tonight in Yukon.
What to watch for: Midwest City
I’m excited to see the Bombers, because I haven’t seen them live since the first scrimmage of the preseason. And that night, I came away unimpressed. I knew the talent they had, and I knew coach Steve Huff would have them ready to go when the real games started — and he did.
I figured the Bombers would be the best of the west in 6A, and it looks that way so far. Keep an eye on RB James Flanders tonight. The last time I saw Yukon in action against Edmond Santa Fe, they had some difficulties tackling in space. If that is an issue tonight, Flanders will make them pay.
What to watch for: Yukon
With the 1-2 start, Yukon is reeling just a little bit, so the fresh start of district play is important. They could put all of that behind them with a win tonight, which would be the first one in the new house.
Yukon will need to get the run game going, because MWC has too much talent in the secondary to let them sit on the pass. You have to make them think you can run the ball.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 8253Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7999Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7772Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients