Edmond Santa Fe's Aaron Anderson gets offer from Nevada
An official visit to the University of Nevada produced a scholarship offer for Edmond Santa Fe senior combo guard Aaron Anderson over the weekend.
“Aaron really liked it out there, had a great time meeting the team,” Santa Fe coach Shawn Schenk said. “As a coach and a player, that’s really important, because you want to see what the other players are like, and how they interact with each other. Aaron had a great time.”
The trip to Nevada was Anderson’s first official visit among the trio of schools that have offered him. Schenk said Anderson will visit Oral Roberts and Fresno State in October prior to the early signing period, which runs Nov. 9-16 for basketball.
“He wants to give a fair shot to all the schools that are recruiting him,” Schenk said. “I don’t know if he’ll sign early or not. I’ve told him if he knows, and he’s comfortable — if he wants them and they want him — then there’s no sense in waiting.”
The Wolves went through a sometimes-challenging recruiting experience with Josh Richardson last season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16360Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12715Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11414'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11247Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11067Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10980OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6968Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6909Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 6877Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients