Putnam City North OL Daniel Burton commits to Iowa State
Putnam City North offensive lineman Daniel Burton verbally committed to Iowa State on Thursday, Panthers coach Bob Wilson told The Oklahoman.
Burton had several offers, including Arizona and North Texas, but the 6-foot-4, 275-pound senior decided on Iowa State after visiting the campus a couple weeks ago.
Burton was ranked No. 13 on The Oklahoman’s Super 30 list of the state’s top recruits in the 2012 class in August. He is considered a valuable prospect because of his ability to play any position on the offensive line. He plays tackle for the Panthers, but also has the versatility to play guard. Some schools, like Oklahoma State, had also shown interest in him as a center, and he began working on the details of that position, like the shotgun snap.
Here’s a story I wrote about Burton during the summer. I hope to speak with him when he finishes practice today to get his feelings on his decision.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 56551Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34585Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32288Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9582Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8789Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5674Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3757OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3628George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3382Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3185Oklahoma weather:Tornado touches down in east Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients