Fan poll: City-Area Player of the Week
Football fans, here’s your chance to let us know who you thought was the Player of the Week in Week 5 of the high school football season around the Oklahoma City area.
Pick one of the five selections from the poll below, or write in your own candidate in the comments section, where you can tell us why your choice deserves Player of the Week honors.
The results of the poll will appear in Tuesday’s Oklahoman, and some of the best reader comments might get in as well.
So cast your vote, discuss and debate the best performance from Week 5:
Casey Curtis, RB, Putnam City
Curtis rushed for 308 yards and six touchdowns in a 56-34 win over Del City, Curtis’ second 300-yard, six-TD game of the year.
Joel Davis, QB, Midwest City
Davis quarterbacked another dominant team performance from the Bombers, showing that the offense isn’t a one-man show. He threw for 187 yards and a TD vs. PC North.
Corben Jones, QB, Yukon
Coming off a concussion a week ago, Jones threw for two touchdowns and rushed for three in a 33-0 win over Norman North.
Trevan Smith, RB/DB, Edmond Santa Fe
One of several Wolves worthy of being considered in their 42-36 win at Lawton, Smith had an 81-yard touchdown run and the game-winning 20-yard TD reception.
Josh Way, RB/LB, Wayne
Rushed for 174 yards and four TDs on just 11 carries and added an interception on defense — all in the first half.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients