Guthrie coach Rafe Watkins won his 100th game at the school
GUTHRIE — With last week’s win over Ada, Guthrie coach Rafe Watkins has won 100 games at the school.
“I said after the game that it just goes to show that we have tremendous athletes here at Guthrie,” Watkins said.
“It’s a milestone, and to have it at one school is pretty special.”
In his time leading the Bluejays, he has won two state championships and been to the state semifinals five times.
Guthrie has only missed the playoffs once in his tenure.
Chris Evans at the Guthrie Sports Page broke down Watkins’ 100 wins. For example, Guthrie under Watkins is 61-11 in district games and 16-7 in playoff games.
Watkins has never lost to 16 teams and has a losing record against just three (Tulsa Washington, 1-2; Douglass, 2-3; Lawton MacArthur (0-1).
Another interesting fact: Guthrie has won 100 games under Watkins, but won just 114 in the 23 years before he arrived.
Follow me on Twitter @jasonkersey
Friend me on Facebook
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients