Q&A: Bishop McGuinness senior Brandon Nguyen talks about the Irish's season so far
Bishop McGuinness had a rough couple weeks.
In Week 3, the Irish lost on a last-second blocked field goal return for a touchdown to Millwood.
Then, Week 4 saw a devastating 42-7 loss at Clinton.
But last Friday, the Irish got back on track with a 32-6 home win over Woodward.
Irish senior linebacker Brandon Nguyen took a few minutes to chat with me about the most devastating loss in his career, how McGuinness is bouncing back and the rematch he hopes happens in the Class 4A playoffs.
Can you describe how you felt after the Millwood game?
“It was tough. I couldn’t believe what I saw. Our morale was so low; it really felt like being punched in the mouth.
“It’s probably the toughest loss I’ve had.”
Did that carry over into the Clinton game?
“No, I don’t think so. For Clinton, we had an amazing week of practice. We were feeling really good going into the game.
“I’m not sure what happened at Clinton. I guess we got psyched out. The last time we played them, they came to our home and beat us. We still had that in our mind.
“I think we beat ourselves that night. We didn’t play the game we wanted to play.”
Do you feel like your team is back on track after the Woodward game?
“Yeah definitely. That helped us get the ball rolling again.
“We got our confidence back. We’ve just gotta keep it rolling. We can’t have any more losses.”
Do you think you’ll get another shot at Clinton in the playoffs?
“I know I want another shot at Clinton. I’m 0-2 against them. The Irish defense doesn’t give up 42 points.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3822Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3626Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3264Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients