Oklahoma City-area high school football stadium rankings: No. 3, Newcastle
NEWCASTLE — We are up to No. 3 in our rankings of Oklahoma City-area high school football stadiums, and this is a stadium I’m quite familiar with.
I’ve seen lots of games in Racer Stadium, and it is certainly a unique place to watch a high school football contest.
The checkered endzones. The pregame pageantry with the race car.
I covered Newcastle football for a season for the Newcastle Pacer before coming to The Oklahoman in 2006. But when I went back on September 9 for the Tuttle-Newcastle game, it was like I was at a different stadium.
Newcastle has added artificial turf and state-of-the-art facilities. I was lucky enough to get a tour of their new two-story fieldhouse before the game, and it was very impressive. A fantastic weight room, nice new offices and even a room that can be rented out for parties by the community.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3938Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3498Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients