Blanchard's Brock Lamle cleared to return Monday
Blanchard quarterback Brock Lamle was taken off the field in a stretcher during Thursday’s 45-8 loss to Anadarko, but is cleared to return to practice on Monday, he said.
“Whenever I got to the hospital, they said I had some strained muscles in my neck and back,” Lamle said. “I also had some spasms down my arms and legs.”
Lamle suffered the injuries when he was hit by Anadarko defenders on a pass play. He was down on the field for several minutes before being taken to the hospital by ambulance.
“I wasn’t too scared until I got in the ambulance,” Lamle said. “That’s when I thought something could be really seriously wrong. At first, laying on the field, I thought everything would be alright. I was just praying that everything would be alright.”
The Lions have lost two straight games, but are still in good position to make the playoffs out of District 3A-1. Blanchard ends with games against Marlow and at Bridge Creek.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
- 7794Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients