Fan poll: Week 8 OKC-Area High School Football Player of the Week
Football fans, here’s your chance to let us know who you thought was the Player of the Week in Week 8 of the high school football season around the Oklahoma City area.
This was probably the toughest week so far to pick the entries for the poll. So pick one of the five selections below, or write in your own candidate in the comments section, where you can tell us why your choice deserves Player of the Week honors.
The results of the poll will appear in Tuesday’s Oklahoman, and some of the best reader comments might get in as well. Voting ends at 5 p.m. Monday.
So cast your vote, discuss and debate the best performance from Week 8:
James Flanders, RB, Midwest City
After the season he’s had, it’s hard to imagine this kid doing something that really catches your eye at this point, but he did it with a 192-yard, six-touchdown performance in a rout of Edmond Memorial — with 19 of his 20 carries coming in the first half.
Jerame Littell, QB, Stillwater
The same thought applies to Littell and the Pioneer offense, which has been posting crazy numbers all year. But Littell threw seven TD passes on just 15 completions for 283 yards in a 52-28 win over Enid.
Trevor Thompson, QB, Westmoore
In a game his team had to win to keep the postseason possibilities in good standing, Thompson threw for 283 yards and three scores in a 28-12 win at Putnam City.
The Tigers held Weatherford to just 128 yards — including five rushing yards on 20 attempts — for a valuable 14-6 victory.
Dion’Tay Washington, RB, Douglass
Washington rushed 18 times for 156 yards and two touchdowns, including a 55-yard burst in the fourth quarter that turned out to be the deciding score in a 27-21 win over fourth-ranked Harrah.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients