Putnam City to hold memorial service for Anthony Germany Tuesday night
Germany died last week at age 25 after suffering a pulmonary embolism.
The service will take place gym, located on the school campus at 5300 NW 50th St. Germany was a football and basketball player at Putnam City, graduating in 2004. He was a key member on the 2003 Pirate football team that reached the state semifinals.
A memorial service will also be held at Peoples Church at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, located at 800 E. Britton Rd.
A service was held in the Tulsa area on Monday. Germany was a four-year starter for Tulsa University from 2004-07.
Three members of Tulsa’s 2007 football team have died in the last eight months, including former Oklahoma Christian School standout Wilson Holloway, who died from Hodgkin’s lymphoma in February. Former TU linebacker George Clinkscale died last month after suffering injuries in an unsanctioned boxing match.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients