Q&A with St. Louis Rams LB, former Bethany star Chris Chamberlain
ARLINGTON, Texas — Chris Chamberlain led Bethany to the Class 2A state championship as a senior quarterback in 2003, went on to play linebacker at Tulsa and is now starting for the 0-6 St. Louis Rams.
He is in his fourth NFL season and started his second game at outside linebacker in Sunday’s 34-7 loss to the Dallas Cowboys, recording four tackles.
After the game, he talked about his performance, finally getting to start and Bethany’s upcoming game against Heritage Hall.
How did you feel about today’s game?
“Obviously we are disappointed in the result of the game. I was excited to come in and play close to home in front of friends and family. Personally I didn’t play my best game and a lot of my teammates would say the same thing.”
How does it feel to finally be starting in the NFL?
“It’s my fourth year in the league and I’ve been working hard. I’m finally getting an opportunity to play more on defense. I didn’t play my best game, but I’ll keep working hard and learning from my mistakes.”
What’s it going to take for the Rams to get this thing turned around?
“Just small mistakes here and there. Like on that long touchdown run (DeMarco Murray’s 91-yard, first-quarter TD run), we had one guy out of the gap and you see what happens. At halftime it’s a 10-point game.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients