Mount St. Mary still has a shot for a playoff berth
Mount St. Mary lost 54-21 Friday to Comanche, but is clinging to a slim chance of making the playoffs out of District 2A-3.
If St. Mary can beat winless Walters on Friday and Hobart beats Washington, it throws the district into a three-way tie and goes to district points.
First-year coach Chris Stiles is working to build a winning culture at St. Mary, which hasn’t experienced a winning football season in 26 years.
And Stiles isn’t going to let his team quit this week, not with a chance for the school’s first playoff berth in years at stake.
“Ask the St. Louis Cardinals,” Stiles said of the World Series champions who were 10.5 games out of the playoff hunt with 31 left to play.
“Just keeping playing. We’ve gotta keep our heads up and keep pressing on and see what happens on Friday.”
The Rockets would be in pretty good shape if they win and Hobart is able to beat Washington. St. Mary lost to Washington by five points and heat Hobart by 14.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients