Black and blue: Guthrie gets new jerseys in early
GUTHRIE — The one upside to the last few days, Guthrie junior quarterback Bryan Dutton said, was the team’s new black jerseys that it broke out for Friday’s game. The team wore the jerseys with black pants.
The jerseys were ordered several weeks ago and weren’t expected to get in until the second round of the playoffs. But when they came in early, coach Rafe Watkins decided to let the team wear them Friday given the OSSAA’s ruling.
“Not knowing if we were going to make it to the playoffs, he wanted to let our seniors wear it,” Dutton said.
“These last 24 hours have been up and down, and more down than up. I guess the new uniforms were the only up to it. I feel really bad for our seniors. If they turn it around, we can make a run.”Jason Kersey
Follow me on Twitter @jasonkersey
Friend me on Facebook
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients