Guthrie, Clint Simek appeal on OSSAA's board meeting agenda
Guthrie’s appeal of the Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association’s ruling on Clint Simek is on the agenda for Wednesday’s board of directors meeting.
Simek was ruled ineligible Thursday after the OSSAA found that his move from Prague was not “bona fide.”
Simek’s family moved to Guthrie in February, but still owned their previous home in Prague and another family member had been living there.
The Bluejays went undefeated and won District 5A-1 before Simek was ruled ineligible. The ruling forced Guthrie to forfeit eight wins, which made its record 2-8. Carl Albert, Ada and Deer Creek all moved up in the district standings and El Reno entered the playoffs as the fourth seed.
Wednesday’s board of directors meeting begins at 9 a.m., but Simek’s hearing may not come until the afternoon. Guthrie’s appeals make up the last two items on the agenda’s “School Problems” section, the fourth section on the agenda. Items on the “School Problems” section of the agenda don’t have times attached to them, but the last item on the preceding section is scheduled for 1 p.m.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13758Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9630Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9095Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8238Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6533Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6005Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5369Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4740Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4592Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4132Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients