Guthrie coach Rafe Watkins encouraging fans to not attend OSSAA appeal
Guthrie players will not attend Wednesday’s appeal before the OSSAA board of directors, and coach Rafe Watkins is encouraging fans and students to not attend, either.
“We just feel like it’s not in our best interest,” Watkins said. “That place is going to be a media circus anyway, you’re not going to get inside and there’s really not room in the parking lot.”
The Bluejays were forced to forfeit eight games after the OSSAA ruled that senior receiver/safety Clint Simek never make a bona fide move from Prague.
Guthrie’s appeal is on the agenda for the OSSAA’s board of directors meeting Wednesday. The meeting starts at 9 a.m., but Guthrie’s appeal likely won’t be heard until the afternoon.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients