Former Bombers standout Flanders added to watch list
BY RYAN ABER
Former Midwest Cit standout Timothy Flanders, now a sophomore at Sam Houston State, was added to the watch list for the Walter Payton Award.
The award is given annually to the top offensive player in the Football Championship Series, formerly know as Division I-AA.
“I have said all along I think he is the best running back in the FCS, and it is good everyone else is getting a chance to see what he can do,” Bearkat coach Willie Fritz said in a release.
Flanders leads the Bearkats in rushing (856 yards), receiving (343) and has played an integral role in Sam Houston State’s 9-0 start. The Bearkats are ranked third.
The award will be presented at the FCS national awards banquet Jan. 6 in Frisco, Texas.
Flanders’ Bearkats play Northwestern State on Saturday.
In 2009, former Putnam City North standout Deji Karim finished third in the balloting for the award.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3600Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3343Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3206Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients