Fan Poll: OKC-Area Football Player of the Week for the playoffs' second round
The number of city-area teams is dropping each week, but the on-field performances keep getting better and better. Here’s your chance to let us know who you thought was the Player of the Week in the second round of the high school football playoffs around the Oklahoma City area.
Pick one of the five selections from the poll below, or write in your own candidate in the comments section, where you can tell us why your choice deserves Player of the Week honors. There were a ton of good choices this week, some of whom couldn’t make it onto the poll, so sound off for your pick.
The results of the poll will appear in Wednesday’s Oklahoman. Voting ends at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
So cast your vote, discuss and debate the best performance from the opening round of the postseason:
Seth Hamby, RB, Dibble
Turned in yet another outstanding performance, rushing for more than 200 yards and three touchdowns to help Dibble advance to the third round of the playoffs for the first time since 1990.
Dametric Sanders, QB, Millwood
Carried the ball 16 times for 211 yards and all three Millwood touchdowns in a 20-7 upset at top-ranked Davis. His 93-yard TD run in the second quarter set the tone for the win.
Tylor Seabolt, WR/DB, Jones
Caught two touchdown passes and returned an interception 99 yards for a score to preserve a shutout in Jones’ 38-0 win over Comanche.
Camden Tharp, QB, McGuinness
Threw for 246 yards and all four Irish touchdowns as McGuinness advanced to the 4A semifinals with a 28-14 win at Sallisaw.
Josh Way, RB, Wayne
With five touchdowns and 311 yards, Way powered Wayne to the Class A quarterfinals with a 48-18 win over Morrison.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5056Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4611Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4176Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients