Fan Poll: Vote for the OKC-Area Football Player of the Week for the third round of the playoffs
The season is winding down, but you still have a chance to let us know who you thought was the Player of the Week in Week 3 of the high school football playoffs around the Oklahoma City area.
Pick one of the five selections from the poll below, or write in your own candidate in the comments section, where you can tell us why your choice deserves Player of the Week honors.
The results of the poll will appear in Wednesday’s Oklahoman. Voting ends at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
So cast your vote, discuss and debate the best performance from Week 3 of the playoffs:
Bryan Dutton, QB, Guthrie
Scored a rushing touchdown and threw for two more TDs to help seal Guthrie’s spot in the Class 5A state championship game with a 28-25 win over McAlester on Saturday.
Vian came in having scored at least 34 points in every game, and at least 47 in eight of their last nine, but Hennessey gave up just over 200 yards and just seven points to advance to the Class 2A semifinals.
Michael Lowe, QB, Jones
Threw a touchdown pass and rushed for another score, both in the fourth quarter of Jones’ 29-28 comeback win over Stroud in the Class 2A quarterfinals. Lowe also had another rushing TD earlier in the game.
Marc Robinson, RB/LB, Millwood
Rushed 16 times for 105 yards and three touchdowns, while also helping the Millwood defense shut down the Lincoln Christian run game in a 40-14 Falcon win in the 2A quarterfinals.
Barry J. Sanders, RB/DB, Heritage Hall
Sanders got it done on both sides of the ball, scoring from the running back position, and also with a pick-six as the Chargers routed Seminole 49-20 on Friday to advance to the 3A semifinals.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients