Can you name the three football teams with four straight semifinal appearances?
OK, time for some Oklahoma high school football playoff trivia. Name the three high school football teams to reach the semifinals of their state playoff bracket each of the last four years.
Think about it for a minute before you skip ahead to read the answers. The first two should be easy.
Jenks and Tulsa Union are no-brainers. But the third is a little less obvious.
A hint, this team will be playing for a state championship this weekend.
You might have guessed one of these five programs, which have made the semifinals in three of the last four seasons: Guthrie, Lawton MacArthur, Heritage Hall, Cascia Hall and Shattuck.
And the winner is…?
The Hennessey Eagles, who will try to defend the Class 2A state championship against Jones at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater, are the only other team to reach the semifinals the last four years.
“It’s something special,” Hennessey coach Shannon Watford said. “You’re talking about a program that floundered in obscurity. It’s really special, and it’s tough to get there. It’s a good group of kids, man. They’re fighters.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients