Former MWC standout Flanders earns another honor
BY RYAN ABER
Former Midwest City star Timothy Flanders, a running back at Sam Houston State, was named to the American Football Coaches Association’s Football Championship Subdivision’s All-America team, announced Wednesday.
Flanders was one of just two sophomores named to the team. Indiana State running back Shakir Bell is the other.
Flanders, who was also named the Southland Conference’s player of the year, has 1,235 yards and 21 touchdowns rushing this season. He also has 404 yards and a pair of touchdowns receiving.
Sam Houston State, the top-ranked team in FCS, hosts Montana State at 11 a.m. Saturday in a quarterfinals matchup.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3694Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3367Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3246Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients