Mount St. Mary soccer coach Francois Boda named Southwest Sectional Coach of the Year
Mount St. Mary boys soccer coach Francois Boda was named the Southwest Sectional Coach of the Year, the school learned this week.
The award was given by the National Federation of State High School Associations. Boda was also in the running for the organization’s National Coach of the Year award for boys soccer, which was given to Shawn Brower of Tennessee.
The Southwest Sectional award includes the states of Arkansas, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
“Coach Boda’s tireless energy, professionalism, mentoring and leadership of our young student-athletes has been recognized big-time and Rockets everywhere are so proud,” Mount St. Mary athletic director John Keilty said.
Last year, Boda coached the Rockets to the Class 4A state championship. He also serves as head coach of the girls team.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6021Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5304Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5155Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients