Dylan Bundy named No. 2 prospect by MLB.com
Former Owasso right-hander Dylan Bundy is entering just his second full season as a professional baseball player, but his status continued rising Tuesday when he was revealed as the No. 2 prospect on MLB.com’s Top 100 Prospects.
Former Broken Arrow standout Archie Bradley is No. 24 while former Putnam City and Oklahoma State left-hander Andrew Heaney is No. 81.
Bundy, 20, made his MLB debut last season for the Baltimore Orioles, appearing in two games out of the bullpen. In the minors he started 23 games, going 9-3 with a 2.08 ERA and 119 strikeouts across three levels.
“His Fastball is easily plus, thrown up to 98 mph, and he maintains velocity deep into his starts with a clean and easy delivery,” MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo wrote. “His curve should be at least above-average in the future, though he’s still learning to throw it consistently. He has good arm speed on his changeup, which should be another above-average or better pitch. He looks every bit the top of the rotation starter the Orioles hoped they were getting when they gave him a Major League contract.”
Bundy spoke via phone with MLB Network on Tuesday and was asked to grade his first professional season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients