Millwood's Cameron Batson picks up first scholarship offer, from Washington State
Rated No. 24 on The Oklahoman’s recently released Super 30 list ranking the state’s top football recruits in the 2014 class, Millwood’s Cameron Batson has picked up his first scholarship offer.
Washington State extended an offer on Wednesday, which was initially reported by Rivals.com.
Washington State’s only interaction with Batson, 5-foot-9, 165 pounds, was viewing his game tape, which Millwood coaches sent to Cougars coach Mike Leach.
“They like me as a receiver,” Batson said. “A lot of the schools I’m hearing from see me as a receiver, but some are looking at me as an athlete.”
Batson did a little bit of everything for the Falcons last season. He was among the state’s leaders with nine interceptions as a cornerback, and had 598 receiving yards on just 26 catches, for an average of 23.0 yards per catch. He also rushed 26 times for 347 yards, over 13 yards per carry, and spent time at quarterback, completing 8 of 12 passes for 76 yards and two TDs.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4013How to help tornado victims
- 3642Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3374Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients