Midwest City, Okemah win state powerlifting titles
BY RYAN ABER
Midwest City and Okemah won state powerlifting state titles last weekend at the Oklahoma Football Coaches Association’s state powerlifting meet at McLoud High School.
McAlester’s Caden Pratt earned the large class’ lightweight squatter, lightweight deadlifter and lightweight overall lifter titles. Wetumka’s Derrick Moore also earned a trio of individual honors in the small class, taking the heavyweight squatter, heavyweight bencher and overall heavyweight lifter titles.
The title was Midwest City’s sixth consecutive in the large-school class. The Bombers finished with 65 points, 22 more than second-place Blanchard. Morris, Prague and McAlester rounded out the top five.
In the small-school class, Okemah edge Mangum 68-66. Holdenville, Kiefer and Sharon-Mutual took the next three spots.
In the large school class, Pratt was joined by Westmoore’s Josh Morgan (heavyweight squatter, heavyweight overall lifter), Blanchard’s Braden Stringer (lightweight bencher), Bridge Creek’s Brett Morris (heavyweight bencher) and Durant’s Jacob Barnhart (heavyweight deadlifter)
The other outstanding lifters in the small school were Empire’s Stephen Price (lightweight squatter), Hartshorne’s Dallas Herring (lightweight bencher), Mangum’s Michael Gilmore (lightweight deadlifter) and Haskell’s Britt Williams (lightweight overall lifter).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 4402Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients