Anadarko's Lakota Beatty named Gatorade state player of the year
BY RYAN ABER
Anadarko’s Lakota Beatty was selected as the Gatorade Oklahoma Girls Basketball Player of the Year, it was announced Thursday.
Beatty, an Oklahoma State signee, averaged 20.1 points, 5.6 assists, 4.7 rebounds and 3.5 steals per game for the Lady Warriors. Anadarko made it to the Class 4A semifinals.
As a junior, Beatty was an Oklahoman Super Five selection after leading her team to a state title.
The award honors athletic excellence as well as academic achievement and character on and off the court.
With the award, Beatty is a finalist for the Gatorade National Girls Basketball Player of the Year award, which will be announced later this month.
Previous winners include Edmond Santa Fe’s Courtney Walker (2012), Midwest City’s Ashley Clark (2011), Midwest City’s Richa Jackson (2010), Adair’s Kevi Luper (2009), Sapulpa’s Alyssia Brewer (2008) and Sequoyah-Tahlequah’s Angel Goodrich (2007).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients