Deer Creek sprinter Kirsten Burnett commits to Oral Roberts
Deer Creek sprinter Kirsten Burnett has decided on her college future, verbally committing to the Oral Roberts track program on Wednesday.
Burnett won four gold medals at the Class 5A state track meet last season, including individual victories in the 100 and 200 meters. She was named The Oklahoman’s Big All-City Girls Track Athlete of the Year.
Burnett picked ORU over Oklahoma Baptist.
“I felt very at home there. I knew I’d be comfortable,” Burnett said of ORU. “I think there’s a lot of potential to grow individually and as a program.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients