Capitol Hill's Juan Varela throws no-hitter
BY RYAN ABER
Capitol Hill’s Juan Varela struck out 15 and held Douglass without a hit in the Redskins’ 6-4 win over the Trojans on Monday in the opening round of the All-City Tournament.
The Redskins came back to beat Classen, 2-1, on Tuesday behind another sterling performance on the mound. Pedro Herreroa struck out 15, allowing one run on four hits.
Capitol Hill will play U.S. Grant at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at Dolese Park in the tournament finals.
Capitol Hill is coached by former Moore standout Mike Hinckley., who played for the Washington Nationals in 2008-09.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients