Former Deer Creek standouts Anderson, Hellbusch helping Arkansas win games
BY RYAN ABER
A pair of former Deer Creek standouts had big games last week for Arkansas in the Razorbacks’ final games before SEC play began.
In the first of two games against AlabamaAnderson A&M, freshman Isaac Hellbusch hit his first collegiate home run, a two-run shot that broke a 1-1 tie in an eventual 20-2 Arkansas win.
Hellbusch added a two-run single later in the same inning and finished with five RBIs on the night.
Brian Anderson, a sophomore outfielder who is a regular starter for the Razorbacks, had a career-high four RBIs in the win.
Anderson (.321/.426/.423) leads Arkansas in runs scored (17) and extra-base hits (6).
Anderson and Hellbusch were coached at Deer Creek by Arkansas alum Ron Moore.
Arkansas (14-7, 1-2) starts a three-game series at South Carolina on Friday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3356Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3265Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3234George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients