Coyle looking beyond ‘huge’ win
Coyle coach Shane Weathers isn’t downplaying the team’s 22-16 win over Woodland Friday night, but he’s turning the focus to the future.
“It’s a huge win,” Weathers said. “Our first district game, on the road. There was a lot going against us. But we played really well.”
Quarterback Ryan Weathers rushed for 136 yards to key the victory against a Woodland program that has been a perennial power in the 11-man ranks in recent years, going 29-1 the last two seasons. This is their first season in 8-man football.
Coyle (1-1) is already preparing for its Week 3 opponent.
“We’ve already distributed tape on Rejoice Christian,” Shane Weathers said. “This was just one win. It’s a huge win, but we’ve got a long ways to go.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients