Mustang hopeful LB Cory Irwins will return this week
The Mustang defense pitched a shutout last week against Putnam City North without one of its most dynamic defensive players.
Linebacker Cory Irwins, No. 28 on The Oklahoman’s Super 30 recruit rankings, has yet to play this season after aggravating a previous shoulder injury in the preseason.
Irwins, 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, said he’s hopeful to be cleared by doctors to return to action Monday, and be in the lineup Friday. The Broncos (2-0) host a surprisingly unbeaten Stillwater team coming off a big win over McAlester and an upset of Midwest City in the first two weeks.
Stillwater moved into the top 10 at No. 9 in this week’s Class 6A rankings.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients