Putnam City volleyball bounces back
BY RYAN ABER
Putnam City volleyball coach Alica Sexton wasn’t sure how her team would respond after a tough weekend tournament featuring some of the top teams in the state.
The Pirates, went 0-6 in the Heather Harkness Tournament at Edmond Santa Fe, but eanred some payoff for the rough weekend Monday with a straight sets win over Midwest City, 25-24, 25-16, 25-19, in the team’s Win-Win Week fundraiser game.
“It didn’t show much as far as wins this weekend but what we got out of it was well worth it,” Putnam City coach Alica Sexton said.
The Pirates had lost to Midwest City in five sets early in the season.
Sexton was particularly pleased with the play of captains Casey Cox and Haley Cochran.
The Pirates wore pink jerseys and pink ribbons for the event and the money from the gate will be donated to the Win-Win Week fundraiser.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients