Bruce Hendrickson congratulates Snyder
BY RYAN ABER
Seminole’s Mike Snyder became the third football coach in state history to win 300 games with the Chieftains’ win over McLoud on Friday.
Snyder has some work to go to catch up to No. 1, though.
The National Federation of State High School Associations record book is incomplete. The book lists Bruce Hendrickson as winning 301 games in his career at Commerce, Texhoma, Okeene, Seiling and Wynnewood.
Hendrickson continued his career at Cordell and Wewoka, finishing with a state-record 351 victories.
Hendrickson coached against both Snyder and Joe Tunnell, who won 322 games.
“It’s a great milestone for Mike,” Hendrickson said. “Both of those guys are class acts.”
For inclusion in the NFHS record book, an application must be made to the Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association, which forwards the information to the NFHS after endorsing it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 8973Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8697Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7832Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients