Deion Sanders willing to bring Prime Prep back to Oklahoma for more games
Deion Sanders said he contacted former Oklahoma and Dallas Cowboys coach Barry Switzer to help him find opponents for his new Dallas-area high school team, Prime Prep Academy, which is how he was able to line up last week’s game at Millwood.
Now, Sanders is looking for more.
With his team unable to compete in district play in Texas, Sanders is welcoming to the idea of returning to Oklahoma for more games this season.
Prime Prep is not allowed to play games against teams that are part of the University Interscholastic League, Texas’ version of the OSSAA. So they’re in need outside opponents.
In addition to Millwood, which won 40-12 Friday, Prime Prep has played two Texas teams that are part of a private-school league outside the UIL. Sanders said that based on student population, Prime Prep qualified for Class 2A in Texas, though they opted to be in a 3A district.
“We’re willing to come back,” Sanders said. “I think the whole month of October is open.
“We’re not stacking the deck, you can see that. We’re 0-3. We’re just trying to get these guys games to allow them to do what they’re gifted to do.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4779Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4600Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4155Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients