Professional roundup: Updates from around the country on the state's former stars
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Matt Kemp, along with the rest of Los Angeles’ star-studded lineup, has been slumping lately.
In the all-important month of September, Kemp had seven hits in 53 at-bats (.132 average), looking uncomfortable during the Dodgers recent struggles. But he put a stop to that last night.
During a huge 7-6 win over the NL East-leading Washington Nationals, Kemp had two hits, including the go-ahead home run in the ninth inning, bringing the Dodgers within two games of the final wild card spot.
After the game, teammate Adrian Gonzalez praised the former Midwest City star, talking about Kemp’s no excuse attitude despite some lingering ailments.
“I don’t think he’ll tell anybody, but I don’t think he’s feeling 100 percent,” Gonzalez told reporters. “There’s a couple things that are still lingering there and little bit of pain, and he’s battling through it. He’s doing a great job of just playing through this and being the team leader that he is.”
Below is the video of Kemp’s game-winning homer:
Bundy called up, still yet to make debut
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients